It didn't get as cold overnight as the weather websites predicted. The furnace never kicked on, and when I got up it was still in the 40s.
It was a little cloudy in the morning, but it eventually cleared up, and I got outside to take some photos of our site.
Wish it was a bit warmer, so we could enjoy it more. :)
We had only paid for three nights, so we were due to leave today. However, we decided to stay a couple more nights.
After Linda went to the office to pay, we had a couple of RV issues to check out. First, our right turn signal and brake light on the fifth wheel aren't working. The running lights and emergency blinkers work, but the brake light and turn signal have been showing signs of going out.
We took the assembly out and Linda cleaned the connections. It doesn't appear that we can just change out bulbs. Well, that didn't work, so it looks like we'll have to get a new assembly. I called the Camping World about 45 miles south of here and they have it in stock. So we'll pick it up when we move on Friday.
Next, we had been putting off troubleshooting our oven. We haven't been able to use it since just before our trip to Africa.
We don't have a convection oven like may RVs have these days, and Linda likes her gas oven. However, the pilot light wasn't lighting. Linda says the problem is mostly the cheap dollar store lighters we stocked up on. :)
It took awhile, but we finally found an owners manual online. It wasn't much help with the problem, but it did tell us how to remove the parts necessary to better access the pilot light assembly. Once we were able to access the pilot light better, we were able to get it to light. But the flame was very small.
I searched and searched for troubleshooting tips, but my biggest problem was that I didn't understand the terminology and had trouble finding diagrams that looked like what I was seeing. Also, many of the websites just said "Have a tech look at it". Eventually, I quit trying to find information on our specific brand (Amana) or even RV ovens and went to some more general oven websites.
Finally, we found some easy to understand information on Gas Oven Ignition Systems. Ultimately, we concluded that our pilot light flame was too small, and furthermore, it has always been too small, just not this small. :)
After cleaning the pilot light assembly the best we could without removing it, we were able to keep the pilot light lit. Eventually, it would heat the "sensing bulb" and the oven would operate normally. So, at least we can use the oven again, but we now need to figure out how to get our pilot light flame bigger (get a bit more gas coming through). That will make it easier to light and the oven should ignite faster.
The options appear to be: 1) remove the pilot light assembly and clean it better (which looks like a project and may or may not work), 2) adjust the flame (there is supposed to be a screw somewhere to do that, but we haven't located it yet), 3) do both 1) and 2) or 4) replace the pilot light assembly.
Perhaps we'll let a tech look at it and we'll watch. Then we will know what to do in the future. That's been a pretty good strategy for us so far.
Linda took the opportunity to clean the oven while we had it apart, and then I put the pieces back together with her help.
That was our excitement for the day. I'm not sure we got much accomplished, but we learned a few things. :)
Tonight really is supposed to be colder, but tomorrow is predicted to be sunnier and warmer. Hope so. :)